New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Crispy Cornflake Cookie







Had cookie craving lately, with all those late nights waiting for Lyanne to fall asleep, I really needed some late night snacks. Tho a cookie may not be the healthiest choice, but, it does sure make me satisfied.

I've been thinking to make some cookie with coconut in it, and this recipe from Nestle Malaysia caught my attention.

150gm flour
50gm cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
125gm dessicated coconut
100gm cornflakes, crushed

200gm butter
100gm sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg

Some red glace cherries, cut into small bits.

1. Sift flour, cornflour and baking powder together. Mix with dessicated coconut.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat well.
3. Fold (1) into (2)
4. Use a teaspoon, take about 3/4 teaspoon of cookie dough and shape using another teaspoon into an almost round lump. It'll look marble sized.
5. Roll into crushed cornflakes. Top with a cherry bit.
6. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes. (I baked them at 160C, cos I'm using fan forced oven)

The dessicated coconut in this made the cookie really crispy and light. I used King's Brand of dessicated coconut, and somehow I regretted it. I should have used the cheaper ones, those drier less flavourful ones. King's coconut smell seems to be a bit over the top, for me. By using the cheaper ones, the texture can be retained, but minus off a bit of the smell... It's smell... I don't call that fragance. Overall, this cookie is very nice(putting aside the aftersmell, yeah the smell comes after u chew it, cookie down the throat, and the smell'll go up the nose) , I love the texture.
Will make this again, but will use cheaper coconut.



3 comments:

  1. these are really cute! I know what you mean about the smell I hate it when food does that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi wendy... klu x letak kelapa boleh x?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ettyfazlimy,
    kalo tak letak kelapa, kena tukar bende lain...cuba pakai serbuk badam, tapi Wendy tak tahu jadi ke tak :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...