New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Kiymale Pide @ Turkish Minced Meat Pita


Pita as known by many  is as round flat bread with a pocket inside.

But in Turkey, the local pita known as 'pide', is a pizza like food with toppings.One can use Turkish wind dried beef, Turkish sausages, chicken, minced beef or lamb, cheese, potatoes and many other ingredients.





I made this as soon as I saw the recipe because I have all the ingredients at the moment in the fridge. If I waited any longer, the parsley and everything  may have spoiled. So, I must do it ASAP! But  most of all, it seemed easy.

I kneaded the dough and then let it rise while the meat thaws..... Everything went smooth.
When it came out of the oven... it looked sooooo pretty. I sprinkled more parsley and paprika over and snapped the pics.



One bite into it and I'm in heaven. I loved this more than borek. I was so tempted to finish it up, and leave none for the man, hahaha! The crust is crispy and not heavy. The herbed beef minced was great.

Regret! Regret! I Regret!
I should bake two of these next time.

When hubby came home after work, the pide was cold, but the crust isn't chewy like a cold pizza. It just turned softer.


Turkish Minced Meat Pita
Adapted from Fahriye and Anne


Pide dough
125gm flour
20gm water +1/2 tsp instant yeast
20gm natural yogurt
20gm milk
1/4 tsp salt
1tsp sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil

Filling
100gm minced beef
1 tomato, seeds removed, diced
2 Tbsp onion
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 egg
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
Black pepper to taste

1. Dissolve yeast with water. Combine all  the dough ingredients and knead for 2 minutes by hand. Leave to proof (covered) for 2 hours.
2. 30minutes before the dough has finished proofing, combine filling ingredients together (except egg) and let it  sit on a colander so that excess  water will drip away.
3. Preheat oven at 180(fan)/200C.
4. Roll the dough into a longish oval, 5mm thick. Put the dough onto a  piece of non stick baking  paper on a dark coloured baking tray. Put fillings onto the dough leaving 1 inch border. Fold the sides in, pinch the ends together. Crack the egg in, break it if you like, but I like the yolk whole.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden. Brush the crust with olive oil and serve.





I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest West Asia Month

4 comments:

  1. it's look so lovely and tasty too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like most people I reckon, I also always associate pita with the round flat hollow bread. This turkish version is new to me! And looks amazing! I had to click on it when i saw it appear on my feed! Such a cute dish, and a perfect combination, reminds me of.. a bao haha (bread stuffed with meat) but open and baked instead. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds tasty. I guess with the used of yogurt in the dough make this crust light.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...