New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, March 21, 2014

Claypot Lemongrass Fish - Fish #3



A recipe that I got from a restaurant's cookbook of which I highly doubt the chefs tell you the real story.
The recipe just called for the fish to be simmered.. but the pictures tell another story.

A fried fish and boiled fish don't look the same.



I followed most of the recipe, except that I fried the fish and sauteed the shallot and garlic as, that was how it looked like in the picture, they look 'seared', actually more like fried.

The book was complimentary, if you dine there for a certain amount, so I guess that's why.


Claypot Lemongrass Fish
from a book 

2 pcs Fish Steaks
6 shallots, peeled, whole
6 cloves of garlic, peeled, wBhole
2 kaffir lime leaf
2 lemongrass, sliced vertically
1cm thick galangal, smashed
Birds eye chilli, as needed
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar

1. Fry fish steaks until golden. Set aside.
2. In a claypot, saute shallots and garlic until fragrant. Put in kaffir lime, lemongrass, galangal and chilli together with 1 cup of water. Bring it to boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Season it with fish sauce and sugar.
3. Return fish to the pot and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.




On blogging break....... I really need one.
I don't know when I'll be back.. 
I hope I won't be gone too long

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the sharing recipe. I am interested in this..
    shall try it on. thanks dear!
    your photo is very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hope you are ok Wendy! This looks simple yet full of flavour with the spices. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagining smelling the aroma of your dish.. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, you have a beautiful blog :) cant wait to try your recipes :) have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe. We going to miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can it be any type of fish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe looks and sounds great!
    Love the combination of flavors, specially lemon grass

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fish looks really fresh. I'll try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this recipe today. It was delish! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. florence,
    Thanks for letting me know you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...